Choose a car
BMW iX pros and cons
Pros and Cons by myEVreview
- Extremely well-built
- Quiet and refined at high speed
- Can tow 750/2500 kg (1650/5500 lbs)
- Fit & finish
- Excellent highway stability
- Great sound system Bowers & Wilkins
- Incredibly quiet at any speed
- Comfy car for long trips
- One of the safest cars on the road (5-star EuroNCAP safety rating)
- iX M60 - Overtaking monster (455 kW / 610 hp)
- Good ground clearance 203 mm (7,95 in)
- Good consumption in relation to size and weight
- Instant torque (all versions)
- Lots of interior space
- Infotainment responsiveness
- The cabin is completely different from existing BMWs (not everyone will appreciate this)
- Seats are comfortable
- Big battery of the iX xDrive50 and iX M60 versions, allowing a range of 350-550 km (111 kWh / 105 kWh usable)
- Interesting artificial sound by Hans Zimmer
- Beautiful crystal controls
- Decent size boot space
- Cheap frameless door closing sound
- No frunk
- rapid charging could be a bit faster (10 to 80% capacity in 30-35 minutes)
- If you want to drive longer distances, avoid the xDrive 40 version, which has a small battery (76 kWh / 71 kWh usable)
- Purchase Price
- Weird front design
See Tech Specs - BMW iX
Pros and Cons by Owners / Test Drives
All the bells and whistles, ambient lighting, moonroof that can be clear or opaque with the push of a button, heated steering wheel, Harmon Karden sound, etc.
The angular steering wheel is surprisingly comfortable, I really enjoy it.
300+ miles per 100% charge.
Even though the body is smaller than my last car (BMW X5 M), the interior is much roomier. No humps!
Excellent fit and finish, as to be expected with BMW. No engine noise makes the interior ridiculously quiet.
Quick and smooth acceleration, anxiety-free passing and merging.
The interior door release button is placed very counterintuitively, takes some getting used to, confuses valets.
There’s blind spot issues if the side view mirrors aren’t positioned just so.